Who We Are
Alaska PTA is a collection of valued individuals across the state who serve as volunteers on the Board of Managers and on Standing and Special Committees to support local PTA units, advocate for improved education in Alaska and the U.S., and who speak together with one voice for the children and youth of Alaska.
PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Alaska PTA board of managers goals
- Offer support to promote collaboration and engagement among parents, teachers and community, to create relationships that help all children reach their potential.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate and market the mission and vision of Alaska PTA, via social media and other communication methods.
- Increase interest, involvement and understanding of our PTA business.
- Build awareness about the critical role of the PTA in helping students reach their full potential.
- Highlight and promote Reflections, School of Excellence, training events and diversity programs to assist in increasing membership and Alaska PTA's visibility in the community.